INDUSTRIAL ESTATE DIVISION
Industrial Estates are a cradle set up by the government for the growth of small scale sector. These are specific areas zoned for industrial activities in which infrastructure such as roads, power and other utility services are provided to facilitate the growth of industries and to minimize impacts on the environment.
An Industrial Estate is an area of land set aside for industrial development. The concept of setting up of Industrial Park is to enable to concentrate dedicated infrastructure in a delimited area to reduce the per-business expense of that infrastructure, to enable to attract new business by providing an integrated infrastructure in one location, etc.
By investing in an Industrial Estate, one can achieve environmental improvement, cost saving, social improvement etc. through
- effective dissemination of instruments and management methods between companies located inside the Industrial Estate
- close co-operation of companies with respect to economic, environmental and social issues
- improved communication between stake holders and customers
- Synergy effects through joint use of infrastructure, joint procurement of production resources and raw materials and bye-products exchange.
Many of the Companies would have many years of experience which could be utilized for the conception planning and implementation of further environmental and energy related projects and programmes.
The concept of setting up of Industrial Estate in all the Legislative Constituency with the help of the Grama Panchayats is to be worth considered as the overall industrial growth of the state. By setting up Industrial parks in all Districts, there will be a balanced growth of the industrial sector especially small and medium sector throughout the state. The production activities in the state will be increased in our state Kerala, which is a consumer state.
SIDCO has 17 major Industrial Estates and 36 Mini Industrial Estates with a total area of 270.30271 acres of land and 923 industrial sheds. Allotments of land and sheds are made on rental / ORS basis. Whenever land/sheds fall idle or the unit holder becomes defaulter of dues, such land/sheds are resumed/evicted and re-allotted to other industrial entrepreneurs. The entrepreneurs who have remitted the full value of sheds/land purchased on ORS are given sale deed. SIDCO has carried out many developmental works like street lighting, internal road and providing water supply to the units in the Industrial Estates and Mini Industrial Estates.
SSI UNIT'S FUNCTIONING AT VARIOUS INDUSTRIAL ESTATES AND MIE'S ACROSS KERALA
- INDUSTRIAL ESTATE OLAVAKKODE
- INDUSTRIAL ESTATE PALLURUTHI
- INDUSTRIAL ESTATE WEST HILL
- INDUSTRIAL ESTATE PAPPANAMCODE
- INDUSTRIAL ESTATE KOLLAKADAVU
- INDUSTRIAL ESTATE KARAKKAD
- INDUSTRIAL ESTATE CHERTHALA
- INDUSTRIAL ESTATE OLLUR
- INDUSTRIAL ESTATE UMAYANALLOOR